Tuesday, June 28, 2005

So this is it! I got my first blog. Let me put it to some use!



I am at the moment in the wonderful Library building at the Atlantic Center for the Arts, New Smyrna beach, FL. I just set up this blog, and since I am so new to it all, it might be a little while until it goes public, however it will at some point, so I can share my experiences with the rest of the world. Some of you might ask, why I am here and what I am going to do, unless you checked into this blog long after it was created and read everything above first, but then I guess you just end of with a bit of the history... So here we go:

First of all, for those of you who don't know - I am an artist - and have in the past three years been dedicated to create "Immigration Art". I am originally from Denmark, and came to this country, the United States of America, about six years ago. I came to here to check the country out, I guess mostly to see if it really was like portrayed on TV back home. Well, as most of you might have guessed, it wasn't. It was very different - or maybe my perception was different. In any case, I realized that there was a lot of things that I had a hard time coming to terms with... one of them Immigration... and that is really how it all started.

I took me a while to figure out, that I could use my confusion about Immigration as the fuel to create my work, however, when I did, it just felt right. To this date I have created two larger bodies of work specifically related to Immigration to the US, and at this moment, I have just begun my third. You should be able to follow the process by stopping by here throughout the next three weeks.

Thank you for you time and interest.