Thursday, June 30, 2005

How to Get Really Started



First of all, wearing the E-Bracelet, has triggered a lot of discomfort along with many questions. I know, it might sound silly, but I am one of those people who neither wear jewelry nor watches. It took me forever to get use to my wedding ring, and it probably will take me forever to get use to the presence of this physical device. I normally stay away from wearing any kind of accessories, because they make me feel restricted.

I am trying to make notes of all my observations, physical as well as mentally. So far this is what I have:

Physical:
My wrist gets sore while resting on the E-Bracelet when writing and typing.
At night the E-Bracelet seems to crawl up my arm, where it gets really tight, and shuts of some of the blood circulation to my hand.
Apparently I have a tendency to sleep with my head on my wrist, so my cheek was a little sore one morning.
A little bruise seems to be forming on the inside of my right wrist.




Mentally:
I feel uncomfortable wearing the E-Bracelet, because I think it looks rather silly.
I am worried that people think I am a criminal, because I wear an E-Bracelet.
I prefer to wear long sleeves to cover the E-Bracelet, but it is very hot and humid here.

Mostly I am asking myself a lot of questions, like:
How did the U.S. Department of Homeland Security come up with this idea?
How were the immigrants selected to be in this pilot program?
How were immigrants notified about the selection?
Is it possible to select what kind of bracelet you want?
Does the Bracelet come with a manual?
Is it someone’s job, to be following your whereabouts on a screen all day?
Will the next thing be a chip implant, similar to the ones for cats and dogs?

I believe, I should address these questions, and produce some visual answers along the way.