Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Letter

After thinking about my experiences with the bracelet, I have realized that the questions, I raised might be of great importance to the execution of this project. I was in particular interested in how the immigrants were notified about the pilot program.

Did the U.S Department of Homeland Security write a letter? If they did, what did the letter say? I have produced my own version of the letter, in which I tried to use a language that would at once sound both official but also somewhat like propaganda.



I am at this moment also trying to obtain information to create a manual, which describes the technical aspects of the bracelet, along with the dos and don’ts.

I have talked also to one of the other residents, who has contacts to different immigration interest groups in the N.Y area. I am hoping to get in touch with someone who actually is or has been wearing the real electronic bracelet. I am very interested in collecting first hand experiences to get more material to work with.